• Fire departments, first responders, sheriff’s officers, EMS, 911 communications, and others are responding as quickly as possible.
• Emergency Management has opened a storm shelter at the Ellendale Volunteer Fire Department, located near the intersection of Hwy 64-90 and Hwy 127.
• To report downed trees or home damage (non-emergency), contact Emergency Management at (828) 632-9336.
• Report of road washed out on Dover Church Road.
• Three reports of trees and power lines down on homes on Three Forks Church Road (no structure fire), Old Mountain Road, and Shiloh Church Road.
• Power lines down on Hammer Road.
• Power lines down on Lentz Road.
• Multiple trees down on Hwy. 16 South near Fairgrounds Road, with traffic backing up so consider an alternate route.
• Power lines down on Linney’s Mill Road.
• Multiple-car accident on Old Mountain Road near Mt. Nebo Church with large tree and power lines down.
• Trees down on Carrigan Road, Pisgah Road, Piney Grove Road, Reese Loop, Poplar Springs Road, Barrett Mountain Road (two trees), 2nd Ave SW, Houser Farms Road, County Home Road, Teague Town Road, Church Road (power line down), Riverside Drive, Dyson Lane, and Hwy. 16 South near Apple City BBQ.
• A two-vehicle accident on US 64 at Bell River Bridge.
• Power lines are involved at some of these downed trees, so do not approach.
• There are multiple reports of power outages across Alexander County.
• ONLY TRAVEL IF ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY.