The 2022 Graduation Ceremonies at Alexander Central High School is set for Friday at 7:00 p.m. in Cougar Stadium.
The graduation speaker will be Beta Club Co-President Sarah Beth Inman. The Pledge of Allegiance will be led by Nolan Heath, Beta Club Co-President, with invocation and welcome by Elijah Peal. Benediction will be given by Evan Presnell.
County School Superintendent Dr. Jennifer Hefner will make remarks as well.
• All traffic should enter through the School Drive entrance except for handicap and Senior Parade parking. Only handicap and senior parade parking is allowed to enter at the stadium using the Liledoun Road entrance. You must have a Handicap placard or Senior Parade Parking Pass to enter using the Liledoun entrance. All other traffic will enter using School Drive.
• No air horns, no umbrellas, no large bags/backpacks
• Staff will open the gates at 5:30 p.m. for guests to start entering the stadium. Guests must arrive no later than 7 p.m. We will start the ceremony at 7 p.m. and the gates will be closed at that time. There is no reserved seating.
• The senior parade will begin approximately 15-20 minutes after the ceremony. Seniors have been provided with information regarding the senior parade downtown.
• If there is inclement weather, the ceremony will be in the Varsity gym and students will be provided 5 guest tickets.
Staff will have added security measures for graduation since it is such a large community event. Walk-through metal detectors will be used at the gates as well as handheld wands.