The Alexander County Board of Commissioners meet this evening. The meeting will begin at 6pm and will be broadcast live on B86 Radio and streamed online.
REGULAR MEETING CVCC – ALEXANDER
August 1, 2016
Call to Order 6:00 pm Chairman Ryan Mayberry
Invocation Commissioner Larry Yoder
Pledge of Allegiance Commissioner Josh Lail
Local Law Enforcement Officers
Adoption of Agenda Chairman Ryan Mayberry
1. Public Comment Chairman Mayberry
2. Public Hearing – Rezoning Case 16-4: Tabernacle Baptist Church Jon Pilkenton
Planning & Development Director
3. Public Hearing – Transfer of Property to Alexander Railroad David Icenhour, CEcD
4. Update on the Alexander Railroad Shell Building David Icenhour, CEcD
5. Public Hearing – Approval of Road Names Rick French
6. Broadband Committee Update Chairman Mayberry
7. Legislative Goals Discussion Chairman Mayberry
8. Special Announcement Regarding the Purchase of Community One Bank Property Chairman Mayberry
9. Rocky Face Park Phase II Bidding & PARTF Grant Extension Rick French
10. Approval of ARC Grant Application for Alexander County Industrial Park Pump Station Rick French
11. Approval of ARC Grant Application for Alexander County Broadband Study Rick French
12. Board Appointments & Reappointments: Rick French
a. Senior Center Advisory Committee County Manager
b. Library Board of Trustees
13. Budget Ordinance Amendments #1 – #3 Rick French
14. Other Business: Rick French ***County Manager’s Report*** County Manager
A. Tax Release Requests for July 9, 2016 thru July 22, 2016: $607.15 and Tax Refunds for July 9, 2016 thru July 22, 2016; $807.76.
B. Minutes from the July 18, 2016 Regular Meeting.
C. Alexander County Library Board of Trustees Bylaws.
Closed Session – N.C.G.S. 143-318.11(a)(1,4,5 & 6) To Prevent Disclosure of Confidential
Information, Economic Development, Contractual and Personnel