8 new cases of COVID-19 were added on Wednesday in Alexander County
Alexander County Public Health is pleased to provide Covid-19 vaccinations for our citizens.
At this time the Alexander County Health Department is scheduling:
· first and second dose appointments for the Pfizer vaccine for persons age 12 and older and the Moderna vaccine for persons age 18 and older
· Pfizer & Moderna booster vaccines
Those eligible to receive a booster include persons who are 65 & older, or are 18 & older and at higher risk because they reside in a long-term care facility, have a high risk due to exposure on the job, or have a high risk due to an underlying medical condition and who:
– received both their first and second dose of Pfizer at least 6 months ago, or
– received both their first and second dose of Moderna at least 6 months ago, or
– are 18 & older and received a single dose of J&J at least 2 months ago and wish to receive an mRNA for their second/booster dose
We also continue to schedule third-doses of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines for persons who are moderately to severely immunocompromised and who received their initial first & second doses according to CDC guidelines.
We do not have the Janssen/J&J vaccine but those who meet criteria and are interested in receiving it are encouraged to contact their healthcare provider or local pharmacy.