Winter Weather Advisory
URGENT – WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Greenville-Spartanburg SC
356 AM EST Sat Mar 11 2017
…ACCUMULATING SNOWFALL EXPECTED ACROSS MUCH OF WESTERN NORTH
CAROLINA TONIGHT INTO SUNDAY MORNING…
.Cold high pressure will settle southeast across the western
Carolinas and northeast Georgia through the day today, setting
the stage for accumulating snowfall across the region as moisture
overspreads the area tonight. Snow is expected to develop across
the higher terrain this afternoon and then work down into the
mountain valleys, and across the foothills and Piedmont, through
early Sunday morning. The snowfall will gradually end through late
…WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM EST THIS
EVENING TO 11 AM EDT SUNDAY…
* LOCATIONS…The North Carolina foothills and northwest
* HAZARDS…Accumulating snow.
* TIMING…Snow will begin across the foothills and Piedmont late
this evening and intensify overnight. The snow will taper off by
* ACCUMULATIONS…Snow accumulation of up to 1 inch.
* IMPACTS…The snowfall will create slippery and snow covered
* TEMPERATURES…Lows in the lower 30s tonight, with highs Sunday
in the lower to mid 40s.
* WINDS…Northeast 5 to 10 mph.