The structure contained hay and was engulfed in flames when the first units arrived. A large amount of water was poured onto the blaze which put off a plume of smoke that could been seen for miles. At least 7 local Fire Departments responded and some units were still on the scene at nightfall.
According to Deputy Fire Marshall Mark Earle the fire was likely caused by the tractor parked inside the structure and it’s possible the hay had smouldered for hours before being detected.
Two firefighters had to receive medical attention and their conditions are unknown.