Alexander County Schools Community Partnership application deadline is August 31, 2017.
Community Partnership Agreements have been established by the school board as part of the school facility use policy. The agreement allows non-profits and incorporated churches to partner with schools providing volunteer hours for a reduced rate for student-related facility rental.
The Community Partnership Agreement requires the non-profit group or church as follows:
• The agreement will be completed by August 31 each school year and will remain in effect for the school year. No partnerships will be granted after August 31 for that school year.
• The non-profit must be a legal non-profit (e.g. a 501c 3). Churches must be incorporated.
• Use of the school facilities must be for student activities with proper adult supervision at all times.
• Requested dates of use must be pre-approved by the principal or school facility scheduler and must not conflict with school activities or functions.
• The group or church will provide volunteer time to the school at a rate of one hour per each hour that the facility is used. The group’s volunteer time will be considered an in-kind contribution.
• In return, the school system will apply a reduced rate waiver for the group or church in the amount of $5.00 per hour. Supervision rates will apply.
Each school will maintain its Community Partnership Agreements and submit a copy to the central office to apply the waiver for facility use. The community partnership agreement reduced rental rate does not apply to the Alexander Central Auditorium.