The Alexander County Board of Commissioners meet this evening at the CVCC Alexander Center in Taylorsville. The meeting will begin at 6pm be broadcast live on B86 Radio and streamed online on this webiste.
August 7, 2017
Call to Order 6:00 pm Chairman Milton Campbell
Invocation Chairman Milton Campbell
Pledge of Allegiance Commissioner Josh Lail
Adoption of Agenda Chairman Milton Campbell
1. Public Comment Chairman Campbell
2. Alexander County EMS 50th Anniversary Recognition & Proclamation Doug Gillispie
3. Bid Approval for Emergency Services Air Trailer Russell Greene
Emergency Services Director
4. Discussion of Alexander Co. Library Honoring Opal Harrington Chairman Campbell
5. Board Appointments & Reappointments: Rick French
a. Senior Center Advisory Committee County Manager
6. Budget Ordinance Amendments #3 – #6 Rick French County Manager
7. Approval of Contract for Shurtape Wastewater Project Rick French County Manager
8. Presentation of Office Building Project – Community One Bank Ernie Sills, AIA LEED AP
9. County Sales Tax Revenue for 2016-2017 Budget Year Rick French
10. Other Business: Rick French ***County Manager’s Report*** County Manager
A. Minutes from the July 17, 2017 Regular Meeting.
B. Tax Release Requests for July 8, 2017 thru July 31, 2017; $14,827.16 and Tax Refunds for July 8, 2017 thru July 31, 2017; $1,647.48.
C. Alexander Co. Public Works/Facilities Dept. deem the following items as surplus: 2008 Ford Crown Victoria, VIN# 2FAFP71V58X172133 – 221,986 miles; 2008 Ford Crown Victoria, VIN# 2FAFP71VX8X108718 – 199,061 miles and a 2000 Subaru Impreza, VIN# JF1GC4357YH500521 – 115,498 miles and blown motor.
D. Approve contract for the Cooperative Forestry Program for Alexander County for fiscal year 2017-2018. The total amount of the contract is $135,593 with the county share being $54,237.
Closed Session – N.C.G.S. 143-318.11 (a) (4, 5 & 6) Economic Development, Contractual and Personnel