ALEXANDER COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
TAYLORSVILLE, NORTH CAROLINA
The Meeting will be broadcast live on B86 Radio and online at www.860wacb.com
REGULAR MEETING CVCC – ALEXANDER
May 2, 2016
Call to Order 6:00 pm Chairman Ryan Mayberry
Invocation Commissioner Ronnie Reese
Pledge of Allegiance Commissioner Larry Yoder
Adoption of Agenda Chairman Ryan Mayberry
1. Public Comment Chairman Mayberry
2. Public Hearing – Rezoning Case 16-3: HFW Dev. Co. LLC Jon Pilkenton
Planning & Development Director
3. National EMS Week Proclamation Doug Gillispie
4. Resolution to Restore NC Education Lottery Funds Chairman Mayberry
5. Alexander County Schools Budget Request for 2016-2017 Superintendent Jennifer F. Hefner, Ed.D.
Alexander County Schools
6. Cancel May 16, 2016 Commissioner’s Meeting and Re-Schedule it for May 25, 2016 also Rick French
Schedule a May 17, 2016 Joint Meeting with the Alexander Co. School Board County Manager
7. Alexander County Sales Tax Revenue for 2015-2016 Budget Year Rick French
8. Board Appointments & Reappointments: Rick French
a. Juvenile Crime Prevention Council County Manager
b. Senior Center Advisory Committee
9. Budget Ordinance Amendments #34 – #36 Rick French
10. Other Business: Rick French ***County Manager’s Report*** County Manager
A. April 4, 2016 Regular Commissioners’ Meeting Minutes and April 18, 2016 Called Commissioners’ Meeting.
B. Tax Release Requests for Mar.26, 2016 thru Apr 22, 2016: $1,559.33 and Tax Refunds for Mar. 26, 2016 thru Apr 22, 2016; $1,542.24.
C. Alexander Juvenile Crime Prevention Council (JCPC) County Funding Plan for FY 2016-2017. This is the initial plan, which may be revised after the JCPC’s June meeting if additional State funding is allocated to other program providers.
D. MOU with Iredell Co. for Back-Up PSAP.
E. Request to surplus a 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid, VIN# JHMFA36267S009963; 206,078 miles and a 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier, VIN#1G1JC52FX47282339; 116,063 miles.
Closed Session – N.C.G.S. 143-318.11(a) (1, 4, 5 & 6) To Prevent Disclosure of Confidential
Information, Economic Development, Contractual and Personnel