The Alexander County Board of Commissioner will meet this evening. The meeting will be held at the CVCC Alexander Campus beginning at 6 pm. B86 will broadcast the meeting live on the air and online.
September 12, 2016
Call to Order 6:00 pm Chairman Ryan Mayberry
Invocation Commissioner Milton Campbell
Pledge of Allegiance Chairman Ryan Mayberry
Boy Scout Troop 275 from Bethlehem
Adoption of Agenda Chairman Ryan Mayberry
1. Public Comment Chairman Mayberry
2. Public Health’s Response to Zika Virus Disease Leeanne Whisnant, MS, BSN
Alex. Co. Health Director
3. Smoky’s Community Reinvestment Plan Shelly Foreman, Sr. Director Co. Relations
Smoky Mountain, LME / MCO
4. Constitution Day and Citizenship Day Proclamation Constitution Week 2016 Chairman Mayberry
5. An Ordinance Declaring a Road Closure for the Annual Rick French
Alexander County Christmas Parade County Manager
6. Resolution in Support of Bridge Replacement on State Road 1605 Rick French
7. Final Report for County Sales Tax Revenue for 2015-2016 Budget Year Rick French
8. Board Appointments & Reappointments: Rick French
a. Region E Adult Care & Nursing Home CAC County Manager
b. Juvenile Crime Prevention Council
c. Broadband Committee
9. Budget Ordinance Amendments #2 and #4 – #6 Rick French
Project Budget Ordinance P-1 County Manager
10. Other Business: Rick French ***County Manager’s Report*** County Manager
A. Tax Release Requests for July 23, 2016 thru Sept. 2, 2016: $20,045.15 and Tax Refunds for July 23, 2016 thru Sept. 2, 2016; $3,693.88.
B. Minutes from the August 1, 2016 Regular Meeting.
C. Alexander County Senior Center Advisory Committee Bylaws.
D. Request by Sheriff Chris Bowman to declare a Glock Model 21; Serial #TET453; 3 mags and case with a weapon light to be deemed as surplus for retired Officer Jeff Sharpe.
E. Fire Department Relief Fund Board of Trustees request that Clint Millsaps replace Larry Branton with the Vashti Fire Department.
F. Request from NC Forest Service for Tower Access.
Closed Session – N.C.G.S. 143-318.11(a)(1,4,5 & 6) To Prevent Disclosure of Confidential
Information, Economic Development, Contractual and Personnel